Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 3, 2014

What Is a Vintage Victorian Wedding?





I absolutely love themed weddings so I was thrilled when a potential client reached out to me about having a candy buffet for her Vintage Victorian wedding next year. When you think of Victorian, what are some of the first things that come to mind? I think of frills, lace, crystal and pearl details, gorgeous flowers like pink roses and peonies mixed with other large blooms, parasols, and cameos. Vintage and Victorian are actually two different things, so it can be easy to mix up the two. "Vintage" refers to things from a certain era in the past. For example, an old 1950s pick up truck could be described as vintage as it is reflective of the 1950s. Old bell bottoms in your mother and father's closet are vintage as they are reflective of the 1970s. Victorian represents an actual era. The Victorian era started in 1837 in Great Britain when Queen Victoria reigned. With this distinction, I have been hard at work trying to design the perfect candy buffet. Check out my Victorian Mood Board I am drawing for inspiration. The color palette for this wedding is eggplant and cream with hints of white! I can't wait to share what I have designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment