Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

August 13, 2014

How To Plan a Tea Party


This past weekend I had the pleasure of helping to plan a fabulous Bachelorette Party. Each day we had a set itinerary filled with lots of fun and one of my favorite days to plan was the last activity: The Afternoon Tea Party. Traditionally, Afternoon Tea is a moment in the late afternoon, usually around 3PM/4PM where you indulge in tea, sandwiches, scones and cake. This British tradition is often replicated for many classy events such as wedding showers or baby showers so we didn't hold back in mimicking such a fun, upscale event as our last hurrah!

Decorations

To set the scene right, I brought a nice, clean, white linen to cover the table. This white linen paired well with the high back chairs and stoney table. I then adorned the center with classic flower centerpieces. You can get fun flower pots and vases from Michaels or random stores like ROSS or TJ Maxx. The green centerpieces were from Cost Plus World Market, another favorite for just about anything decorative! All of the flowers were faux flowers and still gave an elegant touch to the table though I encourage you to buy real ones. Flowers that are white, pink, and peach in color are just perfect.

Food

Tea sandwiches are the main course when it comes to Afternoon Tea, but I didn't bother slaving away making them, though it wouldn't be too hard to whip up in the kitchen with its simple ingredients. I opted for catering through QFC (a Kroger Family store). Just about any caterer knows how to make tea sandwiches. I would recommend to get them in assorted meat flavors. I am a huge fan of accompanying anything salty with something sweet, so having scones, mini cakes, and fruit as options during the Afternoon Tea is a plus.

Fun Fact: Rather than having cakes, I opted to provide Wedding Cake chocolate mints! They were so yummy and were a sweet treat to have concluding the Afternoon Tea!

Tableware

Bring out that China! Beautiful China is the best type of tableware to have during Afternoon Tea. Serving the tea in a tea pot with tea cups is a must. Don't worry about being matchy matchy with the silverware; having different tableware looks makes the table look that much more fancier!

Oh and one more thing: pinkies up when sipping your tea!

1 comment:

  1. You know last week I attended an awesome tea party at my friend’s house; she is an event coordinator and runs her own firm. She made that typical tea party extraordinary and very special. I liked her ideas of decoration too.

    ReplyDelete